Saturday, April 21, 2012

Readathon Update #3

Decided to stop and do an update while I eat a late dinner of some very delicious eggrolls. As this is my first readathon I knew that I did not want to stress out too much or else I may not want to participate again. I have a tendency to over plan and get anxious if I get off schedule. I have only set 5 books aside to read and I will be very happy if I get through 3.


So far I read The Witches by Roald Dahl
Which has always been one of my favorite authors and he is like my go-to when looking for a short fun read. I decided to start off with this because the readathon started at 5am and I knew my brain would not be fully functional until at least 7am. Unfortunately I fell asleep and did not wake up until around 11am.
The next book I picked up is Last Will by Liza Marklund
I got this for review  for a website I review for about a month ago. It was fully my intention to get it finished by the release date of April 10th and failed completely in my planning. This book is also the reason I decided to sign up for the readathon to give me that push to finish it ASAP. I feel horrible that my review has not been turned in yet, but if I can get it into the site by the end of the weekend I will feel better about myself and that at least I didn't delay it until the paperback release date (which I have done before and it wrecks the nerves) This of course would never happen if I get paid for my reviews, but unfortunately when you have a full time job and a family then other things get set aside.
So enough about me and my slacker tendencies.
I have only made it to page 185 of this book at this point and can feel myself falling asleep again. So I just grabbed a diet pepsi to go with my delicious eggrolls and put in a new load of laundry. I think that I may read a little bit out of another book and come back to this one in exactly one hour, but then again I really really need to finish this book or my guilt for not finishing it yet will have the best of me.
-time wasters:  twitter ( spent at least 1 hour reading twitter during readathon but only tweeted once myself)
Laundry: I have the house to myself today and needed to get the chores done while I could, have 5 loads of laundry that had to be done while reading. Only one load left!
I watched an episode of Bob's Burgers and the last half hour of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun during my "lunch break"
My unfortunate couple hours of sleeping in this morning :(
Otherwise as my first readathon I think this has been a great way to get some posts on my brand new blog, as well as anticipate a little bit about how to handle the next readathon and overall I'm going to be ecstatic if I finish this book today so I can get a review up and submitted tomorrow. I am scared to see some of the more seasoned bloggers sites at this time because I'm afraid they may be kicking my reading butt out of the water. But I think I will spend tomorrow afternoon going around to see how some of the others ones went and take some notes for next time.
But as for me I'm glad I decided to take it slow and hopefully at the same time completing something that really needed to get done/read.

No comments:

Post a Comment